A view of my world - unforgivingly opinionated and unapologetically utopian.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Cooking Diary: Red Bean Soup
This is probably one of my favourite desserts to cook, and I've cooked it many times in the past few months. Possibly not as easy as it should be, because I find it's very likely to either boil over, or dry up and burn if you're not careful.
In any case the finished product is fantastic, a heavy sweet soup with just enough texture to finish off a meal!
We have been wondering why you have not tried to cook the red bean soup. Now we know that you have actually been working on it. Practice makes perfect is always true. This one looks good and is not too thin.
I'm a 27 year old gay male. Chinese in ethnicity, Kiwi-Aussie in nationality. A gamer, who believes in prolonging humanity through Green politics, sees the value of anarcho-communism in society, and hopes for the triumph of individual spirituality over organised religion.
I believe in perfection as a balance between what each person views as positive and what they view as negative. There is never an absence of one or the other, except in ignorance. There is always a side of evil in the good, a darkness in the light.
Braised Shiitake Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce
-
This classic braised shiitake mushrooms in oyster sauce delivers plump,
meaty mushrooms simmered in a rich, velvety glaze that elevates any family
gather...
Why are we taking responsibility for your mistakes?
-
Saw this article this morning and while I applaud the writer for his
honesty, the subject matter still infuriated me. The article is here;
http://www.smh.c...
My Take on WoD Alpha Patch Notes
-
*As I said in my last post, I am back to playing WoW to some extent, and
I've been trying to catch up with what is going on with Moonkin, WoD, and
WoW ...
Cleaning up our rivers
-
Our streams, rivers, and lakes are precious to all of us. Freshwater is the
lifeblood of our communities. That’s why we’re pleased that the Government Rea...
TV solidarity
-
Politico reports: The nation’s major television networks are declining to
participate in White House pool duties moving forward in response to
the Trump ...
Some recent social media snippets (mine).
-
A few years ago former KP colleague Lew decamped for more fertile writing
territory and to attend to more important priorities. To my surprise he
began pos...
Luxon is gaslighting us on climate change
-
Our CEO Prime Minister is very big on self-written KPIs, and has produced
his usual quarterly bullshit report before the election. Given the state of
thing...
Secret Harbour by-election results live
-
9:35 – I’m going to finish up this liveblog here. One Nation has gained
this seat with an enormous swing, but there will be some interesting data
to examin...
We have been wondering why you have not tried to cook the red bean soup. Now we know that you have actually been working on it. Practice makes perfect is always true. This one looks good and is not too thin.
ReplyDelete